Thursday, August 9, 2007

Radish Salsa

When I get a lot of radishes at one time in my garden, or if they are 'hot'. I make salsa out of them. Last year we called it "Salad on my Chip"! Since I just made it again, I thought I'd post my recipe.

In a food processor put -
A handful or two of radishes
1/2-1 jalepeno (I often used a canned one when I don't have one fresh. I always keep a jar of them, probably pickled, in the fridge.)
2 garlic cloves (I often put in more since we love garlic)
1/4-1/2 tsp salt
1/2-1 tsp vinegar (I never use white, preferring brown rice, wine, apple cider, balsamic or as I used today, sherry vinegar)
1/3 cup loose cilantro
several fresh tomatoes or canned

process and taste. Enjoy!

I really think you could add any veggie. Like I'm tempted to add zucchini with all I'm getting from the garden. I'm always looking for new zucchini recipes!

3 comments:

sarahbri said...

So did you find any good zucchini recipes?

Karey Swan said...

I'm trying new ones Sarah. I'll probably be trying one everyday! I liked the frittata with thin sliced zucchini and onion and potatoes, sauted with bacon and then the eggs and cheese all mixed together to finish cooking in the oven. Everyone liked it a lot.

Karey Swan said...

And oh, Chris said she likes using zucchini in chocolate cake. I'm not much of a cake maker or eater, but Monte thought I should try it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...