Monday, October 1, 2007

down syndrome

My sister-in-law Chris, at 47 got pregnant with a down syndrome baby girl they've named Leah. I just finished reading her latest post and watched a clip that was so good and I got a lump in my throat! http://www.stservicemovie.com/

They have a family web blog to post news and family pictures and notice of Leah's life steps. Her four brothers are all much older and very active in sports. Luke the oldest is the one in the news since he's #1 for the Badgers.

It's special, today's technology, to be able to see, read, and feel close to those far away. It was fun to go to the site and see Monte's parents at Luke's game (they don't travel now in their old age and Monte was a bit concerned) - everyone was wearing #1 jerseys.

3 comments:

montego said...

I just watched the slide show. I didn't get a lump in my throat... I cried like a baby...

Yes, I AM a softy!

montego said...

I forgot to mention in my previous comment that one of my son's friends is Down Syndrome. I have a feeling that is why this touched me so.

Karey Swan said...

Our pastor did a sermon a few summers ago since his sister had a Down Syndrome girl. And I think it's title was 'The Face of God'. I've been wanting to get the recording of that sermon for Monte's brother.

It was basically that God's fullness seems to be in these people...it radiates from them in their actions as well as their faces!...And too, what society thinks as normal can be so opposite of God's 'normal'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...