Thursday, February 5, 2009

Exhausted

What all do I tell?! I am very exhausted as I try helping Heather not be exhausted. She was able to come home from the hospital last eve, and hadn't really slept since last Friday night. I couldn't get over how lucid she was with all her questions and all the stuff thrown at her, yet nodding off as she'd quietly sit nursing, or finally a moment when no one's around. Glad I was knitting socks, so occupied and trying to keep her at peace.

Tho I hardly sleep, she's getting sleep.

All's I can say is Will is really a cutey and very good. Pray for us to remain healthy. He's a bit jaundiced, so we're working at him eating good, which means an electric breast pump a sweet nurse at the hospital let us borrow. I take him for more blood tests tomorrow.

It's good to be home is all Heather keeps saying. Good night.

2 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Happy to hear that Heather is settling in to the new phase of life. It is a most wonderful place to be -- home with the miraculous: New Life. I will continue to pray for rest and joy and add jaundice to the list.

***

I made the spice cake for dessert a couple of nights ago. I took every shortcut possible (halved the recipe, beat in the eggs all at once, left off frosting). IT WAS DELICIOUS! The family cheered. It has enough body to be a perfect picnic cake. We have a new family favorite in our house. I plan to experiment with whipping the whites and adding frosting for "special" occasions. : D

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to find you have a blog! I have been wishing you did for a few years, and then yesterday I got out my much worn/loved copy of Hearth & Home and decided to google your name and found your blog.

I first read your book many years ago and it changed my life- literally! I began grinding and baking and started a pantry. Somewhere I've gotten off-track and I'm trying to get back to being a "health nut". I listened to a tape I got of your nutrition class you did in San Jose a few years ago at a CHEA convention I attended. I'm so glad to find you here and look forward to being inspired to a more healthful way of living once again! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...