Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Meadow's Alive!

I love this time of summer, anticipating it each year and wondering what either lots of rain or not will look like. This year it's exploded more. The purple flowers are bee balm (monarda) and I didn't plant them. It's one reason I never wanted to own horses or anything that would ruin the meadows surrounding us.

A rarer wildflower, my favorite, is the sego lily or mariposa lily. It's the delicate white flower. I first learned about them in the Arizona desert when some areas explode around February with california poppies and some of these wild flowers and others scattered in the midst.


There's also some blue and red flax along with yellow salsify

1 comment:

Karen Deborah said...

gorgeous, there is nothing like wild flowers in the meadows of the high country. I hiked in the Sierras when I was young and the beauty was breath taking. God is very handy with an artistic paint brush.
To think that is all right outside your door.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...