Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fulfilling Day

Finally off my feet. Been a full day of baking. Have 8 loaves of baguette bread in the freezer, 12 loaves regular bread, 4 dozen dinner rolls, and 2 dozen cinnamon rolls. Made 3 chicken pot pies, one for supper and two to freeze. It's a fulfilling feeling.

Monte and Dawson crawled into a 2 foot crawlspace under the laundry room and jacked up the floor (I'd be claustrophobic!). For a long time we had no garage, so that side of the house was never finished with siding, and being the north side, snow didn't melt, and some rotting happened.

I saw a hole in the ground in my perennial bed when I went out to fill my bird feeders. So Monte dug and followed the pocket gopher run though the bed and out into the meadow. He found 3 salamanders. I followed smoothing everything over and fixing the disrupted plants. Now we watch...

Thanksgiving is next week. My stove is failing, with 2 burners dead, and one working consistently and one iffy. We've ordered another. It'll be a glass top with a 'bridge' burner and convection oven. I'm just a bit nervous about timing, and too, a totally new kind of oven. And I've got 16 people for Thanksgiving!

So that's all for this just a 'dear diary' post...I woke up...I did laundry...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...