Monday, July 21, 2008

Grilled Corn Salad

My mom asked me to bring my grilled corn salad to the family reunion. I first made it for a meal we shared at Travis's on the 4th. I got the recipe from William Sonoma (they call it Charred corn salad). It's so good, even as a leftover.


Grilled Corn Salad
serves 6-8

Grill 6 cobs of corn, husks and silks removed, brushing them with
2 Tb olive oil mixed with 1 tsp salt
turning them occasionally, until charred spots, about 15 minutes.
Let cool till can handle and cut the kernels from the cobs.

In the serving bowl mix -
2 Tb fresh lime juice
1 Tb fresh orange juice
1 tsp diced chipotle chile in adobo, plus 1 Tb adobo sauce
(I don't measure this, just cut up a smallish chili out of the can, which I refrigerate in a jar to always have on hand, and spoon out some of the sauce.)
1 garlic clove (I always add more)
1/2 tsp honey (which I don't measure either, just eyeball it)
1/4 c good tasting olive oil
Add to this 'sauce' -
the griller corn kernels
1 15oz can black beans (I used black soy beans)
2 Tb chopped fresh cilantro (I used more)
1/2 c jicama (I used more)
1/4 c chopped red onion (I probably used more)
2 c quartered cherry tomatoes

Serve at room temp.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...