Saturday, August 16, 2008

Elvis

Didn't I say in my last post that I'm going to bed?! 

My daughter-in-love's dad, on his Facebook site mentioned Elvis, but nothing to do with what it reminded me of ... I did want to post today that TODAY is the day Elvis Presley died in 1977.

Does my accentuating this make you think ... I'm weird; so what?; Elvis?

Ahhh ... Elvis, Buddy Holly (rock and roll pioneers) ... music/history ... Why I like to bring up Elvis, is just look at what's gone on with his Graceland - Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee.

I'm always posting about the calendar Saint Days. Think about it ... we visit places and buy souvenirs. People come by the thousands to Graceland. I read of Elvis's remains being removed from Forrest Hills to Graceland ... Probably thousands have bought souvenirs from the Graceland shop ... 

Hmmmm ....... reminds me a bit of what I read of saints and their relics ....... 
Graceland is the second most visited site in the USA behind the White House (Elvis cult?).  My souvenirs don't differ much from the relics of old ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...