Monday, March 2, 2009

Paul Harvey

This is going to be a day of hearing about Paul Harvey. I read about him dying at 90 this weekend and it hit me this morning. For probably over 30 years (tho he's been doing radio since he was 17) I've listened to Paul Harvey. In fact, since we've lived in Colorado since early 1983, every morning I wake and turn on the radio in the kitchen to 850 KOA and hear what's in the current news and every 7:30am, 11:45, and 3:15 is Paul Harvey, with his news perspective, icon voice, and his "rest of the story".

Lots of 'icons' have passed on. Can they be replaced? Not exactly. It seems it's been at least five years or so that people have been filling in for Paul Harvey occasionally, as he wrestled with this throat/voice problems ... It's his voice, besides his choices of news, and style in presentation that has made him iconic.

So for quite awhile 7:30's are going to feel a void.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I was just talking about Paul Harvey. I had a parakeet as a child who sang non stop unless we put a cover over his cage or Paul Harvey came on. The bird loved Paul Harvey! And I always have too.

I have a question for you. I've been reading your Hearth and Home book, though I'm not finished yet. I'm making the Breakfast bread right now. I'm wondering if you have ever frozen bread dough before baking? I have limited freezer space and I'm thinking the dough would take up less room. I've frozen bread dough before, usually after the first rise, so I would be interested in hearing if you have done it and how you did it.

Thank you for all that you share wtih us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...