Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Loosing Myself?


This is Passion Week, Jesus is in Bethany/Jerusalem. Mary anointing Jesus' feet with costly perfume took place this week. This picture hangs in 'my office' and I gaze at it often as I sit in my favorite chair. It's a scene I often contemplate ...

"Unless a grain is buried, dead to the world, then it sprouts itself many times over ... If you let your life go, reckless in your love, you'll have life forever ..." And this is what Mary did. Judas thought it a reckless extravagance. Jesus said, "She has done a beautiful thing to me - preparing me for burial". I'm sure the fragrance filled the house, and I imagine the fragrance stayed with him through his trial and beating and death.

My contemplation? It is very easy for me to 'lose' myself in God ... but can I 'loose' myself, as did Mary?

2 comments:

Christine Council said...

I love this piece of art! Can I ask where you got it, do you have the name of the artist?
Blessings!!!
Chrisie

Karey Swan said...

I sent you an email, Chrisie. Another person asked me the same question. The signature is illegible. A friend gave it to me years ago. I love it. It is a collage, making up a beautiful picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...