Monday, August 17, 2009

Future Blogging?

People have been asking "Where are you Karey?" or like Travis yesterday, as Monte and him were laying tile in their master bathroom, "Mom, you've not posted in a long time." "I'm thinking I'll leave people wondering for awhile."

Yes, I'm busy with enjoying summer outside. I think I'm done purchasing plants and once I move some things around for thinning and spreading out the thick ground covers to places needing some, I'm done with gardening. Last night went down to 35 degrees which is unusual for this time of year - more like September, so it saddens me to think things can freeze soon!

Company has been pretty continual right now, so feeling like the front door is a revolving door, and sheets and towels cycling too. Also lots of juggling of schedules going on right now. So feeling too full elsewhere to write here.

My artist friend Sarah Sams and me (need any graphic arts, painting, sculpting, interior decorating done? she can do it!) made the Sculpey dough labels for my herbs.

I'm about ready to resurrect an art form I did years ago - batik. Got the wax and dyes. Cleaned the garage and found my tools (the garage is looking so nice! I did mention at one time way back in this blog that going to yard sales often frustrated me cuz I'd be too distracted by peoples super clean garages! - Monte made more shelves over the freezers and now all my cookbooks, 'potion & lotion', gardening, etc books are at my fingertips.)

What's here on my blog connected to the calendar - primarily church history and jewish calendar - is going to be put in book form. I've been working on that too. Since I've downloaded so many pictures from the internet, something's going to have to change - can't take the time dealing with all those copyright issues. Soooo... since I AM an artist and can draw ... I'm toying with doing my own illustrations. That'll be work, but fun and fulfilling.

AND that poses another issue, what now? I do love to write, but don't want to just post "dear diary" happenings. Where do I go from here? What might be a new look and focus? Any ideas?

5 comments:

Laura {{* *}} said...

Even the snippets of life you choose to share have given rise to invigoration in my own, with your example of joie de vivre and
creative hands, never idle.
I especially enjoy the posts on church history, warmed by your own thought, and sharing of seasonal tradition in your family's life.

Having gleaned so much over the years from
Hearth & Home,
I find your blog to truly be an "overflow" of that work.
It is one of few that I frequent anymore.

I hope you press on
in the beauty and style of writing that is your own.

{{* *}}

sarahbri said...

I know you're not a fan of the "dear diary" entries. But your journey through life is unlike most, and speaks to some of us who don't get it from many other sources. So maybe don't think of them as "dear diary", think of them as being our mentor mom like you are to those MOPS moms!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

My daughter loved Hearth & Home so much that she "swiped" my copy when she got married and bought an extra to make certain her daughters had a copy to use.

I did replace mine. :)

Both of us loved the way you wrote about being a homemaker, mom, educator, wife, etc.

I'd love to just read your thoughts again about life in general and whatever you are pondering these days.

Karen Deborah said...

I have missed you! Actually your dear diary entries are pretty inspirational. What does happen to us when we are finished homeschooling, and are no longer where all the action is? Well, we get the garage cleaned up and batik, and personally I think that is inspiring. Some days I don't even want to get dressed. I love what you write about. Your garden is beautiful. If I had a hollyhock like that it would be covered in godzilla bugs and the leaves would be diseased from too much heat and water. One of the sad facts of the south. OKRA looks a lot like that plant and has really pretty flowers every day and no godzilla bugs.

Write about your life, what you do, what you cook, make, grow, and scaffolding, projects. Write about being a grandmother and having menopause. Write about your kids and everything, because real life is always interesting. In this day it is a rare commodity and very precious.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...