Sunday, September 9, 2007

Last Tessuract

After a busy weekend I'm finally able to sit with the death's of two people, who's giftings I've so enjoyed.

I loved Luciano Pavarotti's voice. He'll live on for me in the few recordings I have. Monte and Dawson still laugh at me at a time they came home to my "Three Tenors" CD blasting away. I am thankful to my mother for exposing me to opera.

And farewell to Madeleine L'Engle. I still retain the image of my son Travis as a teen 'explaining' to me by taking his two fisted hands, like holding fabric, and bringing them together causing "A Wrinkle in Time", the bringing of two worlds together. I enjoyed her highly imaginative science fiction stories with my children. And I loved her "Meet the Austins" too. And I really enjoyed all her adult books--liking her thought processes and her 'jags'. I will miss her. I often went on a L'Engle jag.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...