Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Onion, Potato and Zucchini Soup

I made this soup last night, and several times before, since I've had to use up zucchini! :) It really is very good, and I've froze it too. (Another good use of zucchini. You can only have so much frozen zucchini bread, which Heather plans to still do.)

3/4 virgin olive oil (should form a good puddle in the pan)
3 onions, sliced
2 potatoes, diced
3 large zucchini, diced
1/4 cup tomato paste
juice of 4 lemons
2 bunches of cilantro (you don't really taste it, yet it adds SO much)
salt to taste

Saute onions for about 15 minutes over medium-low heat. Add potatoes (when organic, I wash and keep the skins on) and saute a bit more. Add zucchini and tomato paste. Barely cover with water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on medium-low till everything is soft. Remove from heat and add cilantro and lemon juice. Puree in pan with an immersion blender, or in batches in blender. This is good hot or cold. I didn't think this would be so great without an added broth, but it doesn't need it!

All I've been doing for awhile this afternoon is recipes!. My MOPS group is doing a cookbook for fund-raising, and of course I've added recipes. But I've been on the website proof-reading a lot of the recipes. It's been fun seeing the variety that's been submitted.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...