Saturday, February 23, 2008

Salmon Patties

Since I'm on a recipe roll, I've been wanting to add this, which I made for supper Thursday. It's a great one for a quick-fix meal, along with a salad. For years I've made Tuna Patties, which is in my Hearth & Home cookbook, but I started playing with canned salmon and new recipes. So here's what I like the best:

Salmon Patties
1 6oz can salmon (preferring wild salmon), drained
1 egg
2 scallions, including the greens, finely chopped
1/2 tsp no-salt seasoning
1/2 tsp parsley
1/8 cup bread crumbs (mine of course are whole grain from my homemade left-over bread pieces)
1/8 cup mayonnaise

Form into two patties and dip in 1/8 cup flour to lightly coat. Pan fry 4-5 minutes per side in a well oiled skillet to brown well.

A Nice Dipping Sauce -
1 Tb mayonnaise and sour cream
sprinkle garlic pepper and pepper flakes (I buy a garlic pepper mix
grinder and then a chipotle seasoning mix)
1 tsp fresh lime juice (I always have a basket of limes and lemons on the counter in my kitchen)

I think we had these with broiled tomato halves. I love pesto sauce broiled on these; and sometimes just bread crumbs mixed with some olive oil, and even some parmesan cheese added.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...