Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

WANTED:
Hardy woman to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the next 40-50 years. Successful application will demonstrate excellence in cooking, cleaning, shopping, washing, ironing, mending, folding, sorting, dusting, polishing, scrubbing, budgeting, and decorating. Ability to bear children and get up several times a night to walk a crying baby, a definite plus. Knowledge of basic first-aid, how to fix a boo-boo, kiss an owie, make a tourniquet, and beat a fast path to the nearest emergency room. Must know how to celan an oven, get a grape juice stain out of a beige carpet, and what to do about bubble gum in the baby's hair. Must be willing to taxi offspring to and from school activities, music lessons, friend's houses, band practice, sporting events, part-time jobs, the mall and so forth. Salary nonnegotiable - actually nonexistent. Fringe benefits include hugs and kisses.

I answered this add. I chose this lifestyle. I'm in year 34 of the years mentioned. This add is how I start my HomeMaking Beyond Maintenance workshop.


Thinking of MOMS today.

Monte and me are going to Travis and Sarah's to celebrate. And then we're helping them put in their garden.

Hats is what I think of ... All the hats we wear. I'm a Domestic Engineer!

"God did not call me to be successful. God called me to be faithful."
- Mother Teresa

4 comments:

Karen Deborah said...

You are truly a Proverbs 31 woman and I am blessed to know you!

Karen Deborah said...

If you don't mind come and see what is happening to my bread. My sides are rising fast and splitting. I did a post about it and you may know why.

Karen Deborah said...

I use rapid rise active dry. I have never had this problem and used it for years but this is about the most frequently I have baked. I bought in bulk at Sams and have a lot of it. Maybe I'll try halving it next time. YOU are busy putting in two gardens! I don't know if the rhubarb will make it either. We get cold in the winter but not for long and this last winter was pretty mild. I got 4 little roots so will see.
thanks for the comment.
I add salt after the proof is finished. I've tried to put it in the middle of adding flour and then forget it completely blah!

Karey Swan said...

I think I had problems with rapid rise yeast, and I think my bread tasted yeasty, so do try using less.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...