Sunday, June 28, 2009

Taken Away Ones

We sang in church this morning: "Blessed Be Your Name" by Matt Redman ... which brought about thoughts on current happenings with their emotions ... and too, memories ...

Blessed be Your name Lord: in the land that is plentiful ... When I'm found in the desert place ... When the sun's shining down on me/ When the world's all as it should be ... On the road marked with suffering ... Every blessing you pour out/ I'll turn back to praise/ When the darkness closes in Lord/ Still I will say/ Blessed be Your name ...

The part that brings me to tears is "You give and take away/ You give and take away/ My heart will choose to say/ Lord, blessed be your name." The memory?

Years ago, I had a friend die of cancer. Her son Eric and my Dawson were friends and they'd done a lot together - Ruth taking them hiking, rollerblading, hunting insects, and creating together. Randy is a great father to Eric and Rachel and eventually started dating, but said he couldn't find a sweet woman. When Monte had ripped his hamstring and found out his massage therapist was a single mom and a sweet woman, he had them arrange a date ... and they're now happily married. At their wedding they had this song sung. I was near the front and saw young Rachel singing along and crying, and of course I cried, and I still cry, thinking of that moment's emotions.

Thoughts? This week Michael Jackson and Farrah Faucet died. I didn't didn't think I new much of Michael's music, but as the news is continually playing his songs I'm realizing the history I DO know. And I used to love Farrah Faucet's hair, wishing mine could be like hers.

Current happenings? At the same time as their deaths, Bill's brother died suddenly in the night. Heather was called, and Bill notified thru the Red Cross. So Bill flew into Denver yesterday morning and will be in the States several weeks. Heather, Will, and him are leaving tomorrow morning, driving to California to help Bill's dad settle all the details of death/funeral arrangements. And too, Bill will need to see how his dad, whom his brother was living with, is handling life. Then they drive back here and Bill back to Iraq till January. And Heather and Will resume their staying here the rest of the summer before returning to Texas.


3 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I've so enjoyed catching up with you. So much busy around your house -- so much joy with that little baby in your midst. Delightful to see you helping Travis with the remodel. Congrats on the pending addition of another grandbaby (surely an apt name for such a grand gift). And also sending up prayers for Bill's family loss.

Your daily doings delight me so, as I see so much of our shared ideals and goals. My days are filled to the brim with duties that bring joy, but also weariness. (The excessive temps don't help.) I must lay more at my Father's feet and rest, rather than taking on more and hurrying myself along the road.

You encourage me to celebrate the simple, like rhubarb in the freezer. I transplanted my rhubard to a better location but still if refuses to grow. Morning glories and rhubarb have been a great challenge to me, but seeing your "harvest" keeps me trying. Maybe next year. : D

It's always a joy to visit with you.

Karen Deborah said...

I'm catchin up too and see my dear friend has come by. I'm so sorry to hear of Bill's loss hopefully this was one who knew the Lord. A lot of exciting events in your life and another baby on the way! Will just gets cuter and cuter.
Personally I am tired of hearing about M Jackson and fear for where he will spend eternity. I felt very sorry for Farah Faucet cancer is a terrible disease. I hope she made her peace with God.
I know the song you speak of and it is one of my favorites. Every time I sing it I want to follow it with holy holy holy.

God is so good. Cute match making story! Also good that god knows how to bring people together at just the right time.

Always good to come and see you.

Wendi said...

Our third child died when he was 2 months old. This song always reminds me of him. And that I need to let God be sovereign over my children, as well as everything else in my life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...